Tamarindo - Conchal - Langosta
Costa Rica's First and Best-Known Beach Destination
Fishing - Golf - Surfing - Turtle Nesting
The Tamarindo - Conchal - Langosta region encompasses the popular Pacific coast of Guanacaste from Playa Langosta in the south to Playa Potrero in the north. The area is known for its unspoiled beaches, world-class surfing, challenging golf courses, fishing, and nightlife. Baulas National Park, home to the leatherback turtles, is a sanctuary for this rare species threatened by extinction.
Easy access to the beaches and numerous restaurant and entertainment options make this region a favorite among visitors. Luxury Costa Rica resorts, including the JW Marriott, all inclusive Paradisus Playa Conchal and the condos at Reserva Conchal, make this a popular destination for five star hotel lovers. Large resorts like Tamarindo Diria and small boutique getaways such as Hotel Capitan Suizo are a couple other examples of the numerous lodging alternatives available in Tamarindo Beach. If your vacation of a lifetime requires championship golf, world-class fishing, romantic beaches, surfing on challenging waves, or sun and relaxation, the Tamarindo area is the perfect destination.
Within close proximity to the Liberia International Airport, this popular beach destination is easily accessible from anywhere in the world. Many visitors to Costa Rica choose to make this their only destination in the country and set up day activities and tours from this home base. Others choose this as the last region of a multi-destination itinerary, starting off with visits to Costa Rica's volcanoes and forests and ending the vacation with a stay in these pristine Guanacaste beaches.
Suggested Activities While in Tamarindo - Conchal - Langosta:
- Explore the beaches - north to Playa Grande, Playa Ventanas, Conchal, Brasilito, all the way to Flamingo. To the south, explore Playa Langosta and Playa Negra.
- Enjoy a leisurely boat ride through the dry tropical forest on a tour to the Palo Verde National Park. This park is home to amazing wildlife, including two species of monkeys, sloths, tropical birds, coatimundis, and unique reptiles.
- Visit the Rincon de la Vieja National Park and some of the mud baths and hot springs in the region. Other activities available in the park include challenging hikes, horseback tours and one of Costa Rica's top canopy adventures.
- Buena Vista Lodge, adjacent to the Tenorio Volcano, offers horseback riding and also features hot springs.
- Shop for souvenirs in Liberia.
- Play golf at Hacienda Pinilla in Playa Langosta or at the Robert Trent Jones golf course at the Reserva Conchal.
- Explore the native mangroves in Tamarindo on a sea kayaking tour. Spot two types of monkeys, exotic birds and other local wildlife while paddling down the estuary.
- Enjoy surfing lessons taught by a professional on the beautiful beaches of the Tamarindo Bay. Instructors will guarantee you catch at least one wave!
- Embark on a romantic sunset cruise off the shore of Tamarindo. View spectacular sunsets on Costa Rica's Pacific coast as your Catamaran sails through Tamarindo Bay.
- Spend a couple hours in a snorkeling or diving expedition off the Catalina Islands near Flamingo.
- Go Fishing! Stay in-shore for a half-day outing in search of snapper, wahoo, mahi-mahi, and mackerel, or spend the full day offshore fishing for sailfish and marlin with an expert crew professionally equipped and guided by late model electronics.
- Watch the giant leatherback turtles nesting during a special night tour (only available from mid-November to late February). This miracle of nature can only be seen in select places around the globe during a few months of the year.
- Head north to Nicaragua and visit another Central American country while you are in the region. This day-long tour will take you across the border to southern Nicaragua. Visit Lake of Nicaragua and the picturesque town of Masaya, home to many artisans. The highlight of the trip is a visit to one of Latin America's oldest cities, the colonial Granada, full of interesting architecture.
For information on how to reserve or customize the Tamarindo - Conchal - Langosta region, please call us toll free at (800) 608-3119 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Costa Rica experts will be pleased to discuss hotel options, room upgrades or changes to the itinerary as well as work with you to set up tours and activities.